Welcome to the library. (Note the books on the walls. Read them.)
In class today, your task is simple: follow the trail of Cormac McCarthy as he tries to escape from you on the World Wide Web. Take notes on the handout the substitute has provided as you go.
1. Go to his official Random House publisher's page and figure out what three books form the Border Trilogy of his. Link: http://www.randomhouse.com/author/results.pperl?authorid=19680
2. Go to the interview he did for the Wall St. Journal and figure out what he says when people say they have a signed copy of The Road. Also what he thinks about being Irish Catholic. Link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704576204574529703577274572.html
3.Go to the IMDB site for the movie. Find out how Brad Pitt is involved. Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149624/
4. Read the NYT review of ATPH and identify how someone is compared to Job. Link: http://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/17/books/the-man-who-understood-horses.html
5. Go to the WIRED website and figure out how much McCarthy's spent for his typewriters over the years. Link: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/cormac-mccarthys-typewriter-dies-after-50-years-and-five-million-words/
6. Watch the previews for the McCarthy movies I asked you to watch way back when. Link: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cormac+mccarthy&search_type=&aq=f
Note: You, too, are being watched.
Thank Mrs. Magyar and your substitute on the way out.